I’ve been forgetting to be grateful recently since my desire to come home to Manila on my 1st monthly days off didn’t push through. So now I decided to have a quick review on some of the things I’m grateful for, cause there’s really nothing to complain about. I am blessed, regardless.
These are 10 tiny things I appreciate about my job.
1. Short and neat nails – I’m not really a fan of nail polish. Is that weird? I don’t like painting my nails and I’m sooo happy that my work doesn’t require me to have nail polish on. I have the option to paint it red, or keep it short and clean.
2. I like that I do not serve alcohol on board. PRAISE GOD.
3. I have at least 5 consecutive days off every month. Not all Airlines give this opportunity. I have no excuse, there’s time to pause and ponder on life on a monthly basis. Praying that I’ll always be able to use these days off wisely & purposefully.
4. There’s washing machine and dryer in the villa where I stay, w/c is my home for about half a year. There’s grace in doing the laundry. My hands won’t hurt anymore! Hehe.
5. My job forces me to be domesticated. It allows me to learn how to cook, wash dishes, do the laundry, clean my room, budget my groceries. In short, it prepares me for future marriage. Lol.
6. Free gym membership 24/7.
7. Friendly neighbourhood. I’m neighbours with my batch mates -aka- my family. See? There’s home away from home!
8. It’s been more than a week since I started flying and I don’t feel any “seniority” right here. I guess it’s also all in the mind, but so far, I’m very grateful that my colleagues are so nice and helpful. Diversity of nationality brings out enthusiasm in me. There’s a lot to learn from Egyptians, Tunisians, Bosnians, Malaysians, etc.
9. I’m seeing lives change. I won’t go into details anymore on this one, but I see GOOD FRUIT. (Christians, you feel me?)
10. My job as a whole makes me Spiritually driven, it makes me hold on to Christ even more. It makes me suffer beautifully w/ homesickness as it allows me to grow even more in love & intimately with my Almighty Father.
Sometimes, it’s the little things that the Lord allow that enable us to truly appreciate life. My prayer is for me to continually delight in the Lord & get even more intimate with Him. For everywhere in the world could be a home when I am founded & deeply rooted in my Saviour. Yes. Christ is my Home.